Is your Letting Agent Regulated?
Is your agent keeping you safe and complying with the law? While there is no national mandatory regulation of letting agencies and landlords, there is a complex web of law, regulation and codes of practice governing let residential properties.
Every year tenants and landlords lose thousands of pounds and suffer distress through dealing with agencies who are inexperienced and do not deal with client money in a professional manner.
ARLA Licensed letting agencies hold your money in a designated client account and accounts are regularly subject to independent inspection. You will receive a professional service from an ARLA Licensed member but if things go wrong neither tenants nor landlords will be left out of pocket.*
Free Instant Valuation
What makes ARLA Registered Agencies Different?
- Backed up by Client Money Protection (CMP)
- Accounts are regularly independently inspected
- Professional indemnity insurance
- Understand and comply with complex legislative changes and best practice
- Attend regular training to keep skills and experience up-to-date
- Experienced and trained professionals
- Comply with the professional standards of the nationally recognised professional body for letting agencies
* Subject to Client Money Protection scheme limits and criteria